F.J. Westcott Co.
Westcott 301 Photo Basics 40-Inch 5-in-1 Reflector
- The Westcott 40.5" 5-in-1 Collapsible Reflector is versatile in the field and in the studio, providing shadow-lightening detail in your subject, using available, or studio lighting. It starts out as a translucent white disc -- perfect for softening direct sun, or lights without diffusion. Use the removable, reversible zippered slipcover to reflect light into shadow areas of your subject. Your choice of color -- silver, gold, white, black mix -- will be determined by the lighting conditions, and your personal preference.
- This 40.5" (1 m) disc is suitable for 3/4 length portraits, and medium still-life setups. It folds down to 1/3 its open size, and comes with a storage sleeve. We suggest the purchase of a pivoting arm and stand, to hold the disc where needed -- especially if you are working without an assistant. To order this disc with a stand and an arm: Click here.
- Silver increases the specular highlights and yields a high-contrast image. It's perfect for video, product shots and B&W photography.
- Gold produces a natural, golden fill that is great for sunsets, jewelry, and indoor portraits.
- White produces an even, neutral-colored bounce light that works beautifully as a fill light source for both product shots and indoor/outdoor portraits.
- The black side diminishes unwanted reflections or color casts.
- Translucent fabric is used to diffuse light, producing a broad light source and a soft, wraparound effect that's perfect for outdoor portraits or whenever a softer light is needed.