Nikon UT-1 Communication Unit with WT-5A
The UT-1 Communication Unit With WT-5A from Nikon provides both wired and wireless network connectivity when connected to a digital-SLR camera. Simply use an Ethernet cable for a wired network, or attach the WT-5A for wireless, and freely transfer images from your camera to a computer or FTP server - or even control the camera remotely from the computer.
The UT-1 and WT-5A are compatible with Nikon D4, D800, D800E, and D7000 DSLR cameras. With either an Ethernet or wireless network connection, still images can be automatically transferred as they are captured, and still images and movies already stored on a memory card can be transferred and saved to a computer or FTP server.
The included WT-5A Wireless Transmitter makes it possible to operate camera controls on your Nikon D4 (not included) camera using the web browser on your iPhone or iPad, including recording HD video. The WT-5A also transmits images to an FTP server or computer twice as fast as the previous WT-4A transmitter. Using PC mode, you can also operate the D4 via Camera Control Pro 2 (not included), and release up to 10 remote D4/WT-5A combinations using one master camera. The WT-5A has a range of 590' and does not require batteries, as it draws its operating power from the camera it's mounted on. This transmitter is designed for use in the U.S.A., Canada, and Brazil.
Wireless Transfers Available with WT-5A
- When used with the WT-5 (available separately), UT-1 networking functions can be used over wireless networks. Nikon also markets an UT-1/WT-5 bundle that provides networking functions over both Ethernet and wireless networks.
Transfer Images While Shooting
- Still images can be transferred as they are captured, and still images and movies already stored on a memory card can be saved to a computer or FTP server.
Transfer Images to FTP Servers
- Still images and movies can be automatically uploaded and saved to an FTP server as they are captured, enabling transfer of a high volume of high-resolution image data captured by a digital-SLR camera. This allows for verification of images from a remote location by those not in the immediate vicinity of the camera.
- Operate the D4 via Camera Control Pro 2. From one master camera, simultaneously release up to ten remote D4/WT-5A combinations. Camera Control Pro 2 software (sold separately) allows users to specify and adjust shooting settings such as exposure mode, shutter speed, aperture, and white balance, and also to use live view photography and even record movies remotely. In addition, still images and movies can be saved directly to the computer as they are recorded with remote shooting using Camera Control Pro 2.
Control Camera via iPhone or iPad with HTTP Mode
- Now you can use the web browser on your iPhone or iPad to operate camera controls or begin Live View shooting, including starting and stopping HD video and more.
- Transmit images to an FTP server or computer two times faster than the previous Nikon WT-4A model.
Increase Field & Studio Efficiency
- When another accessory is mounted on the accessory shoe, such as a speedlight, the camera and UT-1 can be mounted on a tripod using the optional SK-7 bracket (sold separately) for smooth handling.
Share this Product