Heil Sound PR 30B Large-Diaphragm Dynamic Microphone BLACK
The PR 30 from Heil Sound is a high-performance dynamic microphone ideal for use in broadcast studios. The large dynamic element produces a smooth response with an articulate and natural midrange, offering a sound very similar to a ribbon microphone. The size of the diaphragm, combined with a low mass and an efficient NdFeB magnet structure, allow the microphone to achieve a wide dynamic range and capture high SPLs, making it a great guitar amp mic.
The mic's super cardioid pickup pattern rejects off-axis noise, focusing on the sounds in front of it. The steel body and internal hum bucking coil shield the mic, making it safe for use near video monitors and noisy lighting fixtures. An internal Sorbothane shock mount decouples the mic's dynamic element from the body to reduce the effects of handling noise.
- The large dynamic element has a smooth frequency response with a natural and articulate midrange, providing a ribbon-like sound
Wide Dynamic Range
- The large size and low mass of the mic element, combined with a powerful NdFeB magnet structure, give the mic a super cardioid pattern with exceptional off-axis rejection, and the ability to capture high SPLs while providing a wide dynamic range
Specialized Screen System
- The mic's screen system uses 2 different mesh screens and an internal filter to keep sibilance and plosives to a minimum
Internal Shock Mount
- The internal Sorbothane mount decouples the mic element from the body, reducing the effects of handling noise
- The rugged steel body and internal hum bucking coil shield the microphone, allowing you to use it near video monitors and noisy light fixtures
Assembled in the USA
- The PR 30 is assembled and tested in Illinois